Move beyond type as mere caricature and learn how to work with the Enneagram for spiritual growth.
Christopher L. Heuertz was first introduced to the Enneagram in the slums of Cambodia. Since then he has trained under some of the great living Enneagram masters including Father Richard Rohr, Russ Hudson, Marion Gilbert, and Helen Palmer, and now teaches the Enneagram in workshops and retreats around the world. Chris is an International Enneagram Association Accredited Professional. He and his wife Phileena live in Omaha with their puppy Basil, and you can join him on Facebook and Twitter in his intentions to love on the margins.
Order a copy of the book now!
"Chris Heuertz, my dear friend and confidante, has gone on his own journey of transformation, and I am most happy to recommend his excellent book on the Enneagram to you. In its pages you will find excellent content, many new insights, and the compassion that genuine spirituality always provides—which I know Chris lives personally and now hands on to you.
You will not be the same after you read this book."
—Father Richard Rohr, O.F.M.
ENNEAGRAM WORKSHOP SCHEDULE:
Reserve Your Spot Now
JANUARY 10, 2019 | NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE | LIPSCOMB CHAPEL: THE GATHERING (PRIVATE EVENT)
JANUARY 12, 2019 | NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE | IMAGINARIUM | THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT, TO BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST EMAIL US AT: INFO@GRAVITYCENTER.COM
JANUARY 14-17, 2019 | SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA | FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH COACH TRAINING (PRIVATE EVENT)
JANUARY 26, 2019 | DES MOINES, IOWA | FOCUS WORKSHOP: CONNECTION & COMMUNITY
FEB 1-3, 2019 | NIAGARA FALLS, ONTARIO | SOULWAY CHRISTIAN CONTEMPLATIVE & ENNEAGRAM RETREAT
Feb 23, 2019 | SANTA MONICA, CALIFORNIA | RISEN CHURCH WESTSIDE
FEBRUARY 28, 2019 | WICHITA, KANSAS | FRIENDS UNIVERSITY
MARCH 9, 2019 | MINNEAPOLIS, MN | IEA MINNESOTA CHAPTER
APRIL 20, 2019 | LOS ANGELES, CA | MISSION HILLS
APRIL 27, 2019 | CHICAGO, IL | THE PRACTICE
MAY 4, 2019 | SOUTHLAKE, TX | SPELL SYMPOSIUM, WHITE'S CHAPEL UMC
May 25, 2019 | AUSTIN, TX | VOX VENIAE
JULY 26, 2019 | OAKLAND, CA | IEA GLOBAL CONFERENCE
AUGUST 03, 2019 | OMAHA, NE | ENNEAGRAM FOR COUPLES
SEPTEMBER 26-28, 2019 | WICHITA, KANSAS | THE APPRENTICE GATHERING, FRIENDS UNIVERSITY
OCTOBER 10, 2019 | PLYMOUTH, MN | FAITH & LIFE SERIES
OCTOBER 18-19, 2019 | RICHARDSON, TX | EXCAVATING ESSENCE
NOVEMBER 19-22, 2019 | TRUTH & TRANSFORMATION COURSE | KAILUA-KONA, HI
The Sacred Enneagram: Finding Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth
An Exploratory Workshop with Chris Heuertz
Have you ever asked yourself the quintessential human question of identity, “Who am I?” Most of us spend a lifetime trying to figure out who we are and how we relate to others and God.
Unfortunately, in the process of forming an identity, we succumb to building up lies and illusions around our sense of self that only lead us further away from who we truly are. But the Enneagram offers a bright path to cutting through the internal clutter and finding our way back to who we are created to be.
Based on the nine classic archetypes of human character structure, the Enneagram exposes the nine ways we lie to ourselves about who we think we are, illustrates the nine ways we get lost, and reveals nine ways we find our way home to our True Self and to God.
Whether you’ve heard of the Enneagram or not, this workshop is for anyone who’s interested in learning more.
What is the Enneagram?
As a sacred map to our soul, the Enneagram is a compassionate tool, sketching out possibilities and opportunities, pointing us back to our True Self.
The Enneagram explains the “why” of how we think, act, and feel. The Enneagram helps us come to terms with our gifts as well as the addictive psychological patterns that tether us to our greatest interpersonal, spiritual, and emotional challenges.
What can the Enneagram do for me?
Compared with other self-exploration profiles and assessments, many have found that the Enneagram takes self-awareness deeper.
Ultimately, the Enneagram reveals our best, truest self with its potential to heal a world in need. As a tool for spiritual awareness, the Enneagram moves beyond simple rendering of each type, to illuminating a path to develop our identity and spirituality.
From the Enneagram-curious to the seasoned lifelong enthusiast, The Sacred Enneagram one-day is for anyone who cares about nurturing a deep spirituality rooted in self-awareness. This workshop offers an innovative way of re-imagining the usefulness of the Enneagram that is tremendously practical.
Topics Covered in the workshop will include:
- Who Am I? Simple tools to identify your personal type and how to make sense of your Enneagram test results.
- Where Does the Enneagram Come From? A brief history of the Enneagram offering in-depth background on the conflicted origins of the Enneagram from Egypt to South America and beyond.
- How Do I Learn to Grow in Discernment? Clear explanation of how the Enneagram is a fractal of perpetual triads with specific focus on the Intelligence Centers and Harmony Triads.
- Why Do I Think, Feel, and Act in the Ways I Do? Introducing the basics through a curated summary of the nine types to help identify your personal type and make sense of your Enneagram test results. This includes your healthy and unhealthy behaviors, why you became the number you are, your fundamental needs, basic fears, passions, fixations, and invitations to spiritual growth.
- What is the Shape of my Tragic Flaw and How Do I Grow with It? An explanation of the passions of the Enneagram to help understand how your habits act as coping mechanisms and how can you overcome them to be more whole.
- Why Do I Get Stuck Personally, Professionally, and Spiritually? An examination of the Enneagram’s conflict avoidance styles and social styles with useful suggestions for practical application.
- What is the Most Effective Way for me to Grow Spiritually? The Sacred Enneagram workshop offers practical guidelines for how to enlist contemplative prayer practices for each type.
“Chris Heuertz is a master teacher of the Enneagram. His knowledge and understanding of the Enneagram is exhibited by the breadth and depth of his teaching. Chris effectively communicates conceptually, while also providing application through practical and accessible illustrations that add to a positive and helpful experience.”
—Nina Barnes, Dean of Spiritual Formation at University of Northwestern