- This event has passed.
The Sacred Enneagram Workshop | Minneapolis, Minnesota
March 9 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm$125
An Exploratory Enneagram Workshop with Chris Heuertz in Minneapolis
The Sacred Enneagram: Finding Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth
*This event is sponsored by The International Enneagram Association’s Minneapolis Chapter*
Have you ever asked yourself the quintessential human question of identity, “Who am I?” Most of us spend a lifetime trying to figure out who we are and how we relate to others and God.
Unfortunately, in the process of forming an identity, we succumb to building up lies and illusions around our sense of self that only lead us further away from who we truly are. But the Enneagram offers a bright path to cutting through the internal clutter and finding our way back to who we are created to be.
Based on the nine classic archetypes of human character structure, the Enneagram exposes the nine ways we lie to ourselves about who we think we are, illustrates the nine ways we get lost, and reveals nine ways we find our way home to our True Self and to God.
Whether you’ve heard of the Enneagram or not, this workshop is for anyone who’s interested in learning more.
What is the Enneagram?
As a sacred map to our soul, the Enneagram is a compassionate tool, sketching out possibilities and opportunities, pointing us back to our True Self.
The Enneagram explains the “why” of how we think, act, and feel. The Enneagram helps us come to terms with our gifts as well as the addictive psychological patterns that tether us to our greatest interpersonal, spiritual, and emotional challenges.
What can the Enneagram do for me?
Compared with other self-exploration profiles and assessments, many have found that the Enneagram takes self-awareness deeper.
Ultimately, the Enneagram reveals our best, truest self with its potential to heal a world in need. As a tool for spiritual awareness, the Enneagram moves beyond simple rendering of each type, to illuminating a path to develop our identity and spirituality.
From the Enneagram-curious to the seasoned lifelong enthusiast, The Sacred Enneagram one-day is for anyone who cares about nurturing a deep spirituality rooted in self-awareness. This workshop offers an innovative way of re-imagining the usefulness of the Enneagram that is tremendously practical.
Topics Covered in the workshop will include:
- Who Am I? Simple tools to identify your personal type and how to make sense of your Enneagram test results.
- Where Does the Enneagram Come From? A brief history of the Enneagram offering in-depth background on the conflicted origins of the Enneagram from Egypt to South America and beyond.
- How Do I Learn to Grow in Discernment? Clear explanation of how the Enneagram is a fractal of perpetual triads with specific focus on the Intelligence Centers and Harmony Triads.
- Why Do I Think, Feel, and Act in the Ways I Do? Introducing the basics through a curated summary of the nine types to help identify your personal type and make sense of your Enneagram test results. This includes your healthy and unhealthy behaviors, why you became the number you are, your fundamental needs, basic fears, passions, fixations, and invitations to spiritual growth.
- What is the Shape of my Tragic Flaw and How Do I Grow with It? An explanation of the passions of the Enneagram to help understand how your habits act as coping mechanisms and how can you overcome them to be more whole.
- Why Do I Get Stuck Personally, Professionally, and Spiritually? An examination of the Enneagram’s conflict avoidance styles and social styles with useful suggestions for practical application.
- What is the Most Effective Way for me to Grow Spiritually? The Sacred Enneagram workshop offers practical guidelines for how to enlist contemplative prayer practices for each type.
Learn more here: “What I’ve Learned from the Enneagram”
About Chris Heuertz: Chris has spent his life bearing witness to the possibility of hope among a world that has legitimate reasons to question God’s goodness. Chris has taught the Enneagram all over the world (in places like Morocco, Thailand, South Africa, Indonesia, and New Zealand) and is the author of the upcoming book, The Sacred Enneagram: Finding Your Unique Path to Spiritual Growth.
Originally from Omaha, Nebraska, Chris studied at Asbury University in Kentucky before moving to India where he was mentored by Mother Teresa for three years. While living in India, he helped launch South Asia’s first pediatric AIDS care home, creating a safe haven for children.
In 2012 Chris and his wife Phileena launched Gravity, a Center for Contemplative Activism.
Named one of Outreach magazine’s “30 Emerging Influencers Reshaping Leadership,” Chris is a curator of unlikely friendships, an instigator for good, a champion of collaboration, and a witness to hope, Chris fights for a renewal of contemplative activism.
[Enneagram Illustration by Elnora Turner. Do not use without permission]